The VFW Auxiliary offers cancer grants to members who are battling cancer. Eligibility requirements:
- Applicant must be a member of the VFW Auxiliary for one (1) full year.
- Current dues must be paid before applying for a cancer grant.
- After twelve (12) months have passed from date of diagnosis or last treatment, application will not be accepted.
- A member is allowed two (2) grants during lifetime.Twelve (12) months must elapse between new diagnosis and/or treatment from date of first grant for a second application to be considered. Continuous treatment which lasts beyond the twelve (12) month period will qualify for a second grant.
- Application will be rejected if member has been deceased for longer than 30 days.
The grant amount is currently $550.00 and funds are paid directly to the member or, in the case of a deceased member, to their estate. Funds are dispersed 2-4 weeks following the acceptance and approval of the completed and signed application.
Click here for the most up-to-date application. Please read the instructions carefully before submitting an application. The most common reason an application is denied is due to missing information from either the member or physician. Questions? Contact National Headquarters at 816.561.8655.