Military Veterans and Shelter Dogs: One Research At a Time
- Walk and socialize rescue dogs in Denver, CO to help the research team understand the psychological and physiological stress effects that dog walking has upon veterans
- Have the option to adopt a rescue dog FOR FREE upon completion of this study
- Be a military veteran
- Self-identify as having post-traumatic stress disorder: Approx. 15 participants with PTSD, Approx. 15 participants without PTSD
- 18-89 years old
- Able and willing to give participation consent
- Able to briskly walk (3.0-3.5 mph) a rescue dog without assistance for approximately 1/2 hour on outdoor route.
- Fear of dogs
- Allergy to pet dander
- Study related Tee-Shirt
- $175 Adoption Credit at MaxFund Animal Adoption Center (valid for one adoption)
If you are interested in learning more and participating, please contact the Canines Providing Assistance to
Wounded Warriors (C-P.A.W.W.) Research Team.
Email: email@example.com or Phone: (303)-724-8282
Principal Investigator: Dr. Cheryl Krause-Parello COMIRB Protocol #: 16-1531 Version Date: May 23, 2017