The All Veterans Honor Guard is made of veteran/retiree volunteers. Members live inside and outside of the Denver Metro area.
The All Veterans Honor Guard is currently comprised of military veterans and retirees participating in teams from Aurora, Arvada, Ft. Logan, Littleton and Castle Rock. However, as the number of veterans and retirees in our ranks continue to grow thinner, we will continue to provide final military honors as long as one man or woman is still standing.
Our Mission is to Provide:
- Professional and dignified honors for our departed military veterans and military retirees and their families.
- An opportunity to give a final salute to our departed military brethren.
- A sense of pride and accomplishment for those who render these services.
- A bonding affiliation with other military veterans and military retirees who perform these honors.
- Rifle Team Commander
- Rifle Team
- Color Guard
- Contact a Team Leader
- Fill out an application
- Show a valid DD214 (If you are already an American Legion or VFW member your membership card can be used).
- Be available during the week – Monday through Friday between 9am and 3:30pm at Ft. Logan National Cemetery. We rotate teams for the monthly Saturday service (each service is about 15 – 20 minutes long).
- The number of services you are able to attend is your choice, but we ask for one year’s commitment to the AVHG. You are not required to attend every service your team is called for.
- Be able to stand and perfom for 15 to 20 minutes each service. Veterans who are disabled (e.g. wheelchair bound) are welcome.
- Be able to withstand Colorado weather conditions. (We perform in sun, snow, rain, etc.).
- If you’d like to see a team in action before you join us, please don’t hesitate to ask.
Ed Krusey, Team Leader (412-759-1003)
Kathy Kraski (303-523-0533)
Web Site: http://www.allveteranshonorguard.org/